CCTV Operator Training Course
There are millions of CCTV cameras with more than 11000 on the London underground alone in the UK. More cameras mean more manpower. They all have one common thing i.e. SIA CCTV operative licenses. Once you get the CCTV licence there are more employment opportunities. This makes the CCTV course, the perfect course to start your career in the private security industry. This course is designed by SIA to give people a full understanding of their role within the security industry. This course covers everything from the legal aspects of CCTV to practical lessons on equipment monitoring and usage.
You must pass a basic level of English test before you attend this course. You will need to be at least 18 years old and have proof of id such as a passport, driving license, bills, bank statement. The proof of address shouldn’t be more than three months old.
The CCTV training course runs over 4 days and consists of 2 units
- Working in the private security industry
- Working as CCTV operator
- Practical use of CCTV systems
At the end of the course, you will be required to pass two exams in order to achieve the qualification.
Documents Required for Registration
1. Passport Copy or Driving Licence or BRP
2. Proof of address (no more than 3 months old). Any of 2x documents – Bank Statement or Utility bills or Pay slip or GP Letter or NI Letter or P60/P45.
What's included in the course?
(Practical assessment of each learner will be visually recorded, approximately 25 minutes per learner.)
Principles of Working within the Private Security Industry
- Demonstrate the accurate completion of an evidential statement
- Assessment MCQ: 72 questions
- Assessment time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- Pass mark: 70%
- Practical Assessment: 100% pass marks
Principles and Practices of working as a CCTV operator in the private security industry
- Identify how the offence of voyeurism impacts on public space surveillance (CCTV)
- Explain a range of surveillance techniques
- State the standards for capturing evidential images
- State actions to take when dealing with multiple incidents
- Identify specific risks and controls when working in CCTV operations
- Demonstrate functional checks on control room equipment
- Demonstrate how to use surveillance equipment
- Demonstrate surveillance techniques
- Demonstrate effective use of communication devices
- Obtain an evidential image
- Produce documents required for the audit trail
- Assessment MCQ: 40 questions
- Assessment time: 1 hour
- Pass mark: 70%
- Practical assessment of CCTV scenario with portfolio and observation sheet: 100% pass marks
- short answer element of workbook: 80% pass marks
Are you thinking to participate in CCTV Operator training?
Time, Date and Location
Our Contact Details
01252 36 46 91
Door Supervisor Security Training Course
Click the button below to read more about the course contents and also to get registered.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How long is the duration of the CCTV course?
Our CCTV training course runs for 3 days.
What will I learn in this CCTV course?
This CCTV course will teach you the intricacies of becoming a CCTV Operator such as monitoring, recording and storing CCTV footages.
When is your next CCTV course?
How can I pay for this course?
You will receive an invoice via email once you have been registered onto our system. You will be able to pay directly using your credit/debit card or by using PayPal. You may also pay via bank transfer – the details will be listed on the invoice.
Can I pay by cash?
Yes. You can pay by cash by visiting one of our offices.
What documents do I need to provide for the CCTV training?
It is mandatory that you provide the following documents before the course starts:
· Original Passport that is signed, current and valid
· 2x Proof of Address (no more than 3 months old)
· 2x Passport sized photos in colour
For more information regarding document preparation and requirements, please follow this link
When will I receive my results?
Your results will be sent to you within 10-14 days after your exams.
What do I do if I fail my course?
You will have the option to retake exams for the failed module/s at a later date at one of our offices.
Will I receive physical copies of my CCTV Certification?
No. Once we receive your results, we will send you your E-certificates via email. You will not need your certificates to apply for a SIA licence as your details will be automatically passed on to the SIA once you have passed.